Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter, everyone! We've just passed what was supposed to be my due date, so my adjusted age is over a year now and now we can forget about it completely. I'm hitting my developmental targets like an all-star anyway. I babble constantly. In fact, I tried to out-do the minister and the choir and the orchestra at church today. I LOVE to eat, and eat, and eat. If Mom or Dad makes the mistake of showing me the rest of my meal before my veggies, I choose to pass on the veg completely. I know what I want and I let everyone else know by pointing and reaching. I also let them know when I'm done by vigorously throwing everything off my tray and feeding it to Brody. I'm trying to learn some sign language, but my signs for "milk" and "all done" look a lot like my wave. I figure, it's all in the context anyway. I really do understand a lot, though. I was whining and fussing with Mom this afternoon because I wanted my milk. Mom reminded me that I had left it on the floor across the room. She told me to go get it, so I did! And the most fabulous of all?!?! I have figured out how to steer my stroller! Now when (if) I run into things, I back up a little and turn. Grandpa was totally impressed with my 180 in the kitchen. I'm still resistant to letting go completely and standing on my own, but when I do, oh boy, watch out!

So you say I can use this to water the plants, Grandma? But Mom won't let me play in the plants. Will you talk to her for me about that?


Belly-flopping for the bunny.


I love books with flaps to peek behind. Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa C!


So Mom and Dad completely dropped the ball on Easter - maybe partially because I'm not eating chocolate yet, but still. Thank goodness I have TWO sets of loving grandparents who would never miss an opportunity to shower me with fun gifts. See this face, Mom and Dad? This face says, "Two Easter baskets are nice, but three would have been awesome!"


We went out to a nice dinner. I tried to play my modified peekaboo game with the menu. Basically, I just lift everything up above my head and wait for people to cheer for me. For some reason, nothing works quite as well as the curtains at home.


Plexi glass completely surrounded our gondola thing, but Grandma still made sure to hold me tight.


Weeeee!


I don't like wearing hats or sunglasses, but I sure like taking them from other people.


We decided to take a ride on the huge ferris wheel. Do you want to come?


Family photo. Sorry, Brody.


It was pretty windy, so I got a little scared standing by myself. (Also, I have Grandma and Grandpa wrapped around my little finger, so I can be as needy as I want to when they're around.)



Grandma and Grandpa came to stay for Easter weekend. We finally had one nice day of weather so we took a stroll along Navy Pier and watched all the boats.


Mom and I went downtown to have lunch with Dad. I got to visit lots of Daddy's friendly co-workers. These are some of them. (See guys! I promised I'd make you famous and I always keep my promises.)


It's fun being naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment