Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Man in the Red Suit

Well, fans, I imagine you're all wondering about my first, much anticipated meeting with Santa Claus.  I don't know if I even need to go into detail, because I think the picture pretty nearly says it all.  Take a look.


That's right.  Brennan on one side and the other knee free.  I just couldn't do it.  I was truly excited to see this man.  I had been practicing my, "Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas!" (A silly thing to say, really, but I didn't want the big man to be sounding foolish all alone).  I also knew exactly what I would ask him to bring me for Christmas.  I flung off my coat and jumped into line.  Perhaps if it hadn't been for the little girl in front of me screaming bloody murder as her parents haphazardly handed her over to this stranger, I wouldn't have thought twice.  But the truth is, I cowered.  I clung.  I wailed.  Can you really trust a man whose face you can barely see?  I think not.  Thankfully, Mom and Dad recognized that this was not a battle they should try to fight, and Brennie visited with Santa solo.  

That Brennan, that show-off.  When he reaches the mature age of 2 and 3/4, like me, I doubt he'll be so careless.  He went right to Santa and gave a good pull on his beard to make sure he wasn't an impostor.  Twinkling eyes - check.  Merry dimples - check.  Cheeks like roses - check.  Cherry nose - check.  I guess this guy was the real deal, because Brennan started grinning and laughing.

So, I suppose I'll be writing a letter to Santa this year instead.  Perhaps he'll forgive my behavior when he sees the treats I'm going to leave out for him and his reindeer.  Merry Christmas to all, and catch ya in the new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment