Monday, February 28, 2011

My first official word!

Ok, so Mom's going to work on getting a video of this one, but in the meantime I wanted to share my big news. Today, I spoke and it was clearly tied to meaning for the first time (much to the delight of my teacherly Mama). I've been babbling away for a while now, and I can make lots of special sounds. Mom likes to think that my Mamamamas are connected to her (although I also use a lot of those when I'm hungry) and my Bubbas are connected to Brody (since I do use a lot of those when I am playing with him). I haven't managed any Ds yet, sorry Dad, but papapapa is pretty close, don't you think?
So this morning, Mom was leaving me with Christie at Molly's house. She waved and said, "Ba-bye," and I waved right back and said an undeniable, "Bye!" In reality, it was probably closer to "ba," but the point is that I purposefully meant to say something and I did it. Hooray for me! I am now a communicator!

No comments:

Post a Comment